Friday, April 5, 2013

1st Birthday Tea Party Photo Shoot: Balee Images: Alaina

 
 
Where to even start on this post... oh Balee Images, how I love thee. Brandi and I found each other through our Red Barn Experience, and we have been creatively planning amazing things together ever since! You all will just have to wait and see what we have planned for this summer!!!
 
 
Just recently Balee Images had a super fun 'pinning party' on her PINTEREST PAGE which led me to this unbelievably adorable Tea Party Photo Shoot on her blog!!! I immediately knew I HAD to feature it!!!
 
Seriously prepare yourself...

 I fell in love not only with this GORGEOUS little girl Alaina, but also with this BEAUTIFUL backdrop that Alaina's mom constructed for the shoot! It's girly, it's vintage, it's beautiful, and it's super fun! I thought I loved it before, but then when I found out it only cost her $30, I fell in love even more!!!
 
I wanted to let you hear it straight from the amazing photographer herself, along with the super cool mom Shannon who created this...
 
From Balee Images:
This is the last in a series of sessions to celebrate the milestones during the first year of Alaina's life.  I loved working with her mom, Shannon, to coordinate the details and to create the look and feel she envisioned for this session!  I love when my clients really and truly become my friends and we are able to get excited together about the little things, from locations to props to small details like ribbon.  Shannon texted me pictures of the green suitcase and the rocking horse as well as the banner while she was making it, so I knew this session was going to be adorable.  I love how it all came together and am so thankful for Shannon's talent!
 
From Shannon(Alaina's Mom):
For Alaina's one year session, I thought a tea party scene would be adorable! Believe it or not, all the decorations for her photo shoot cost $30 or less! I bought a yard of fabric in 3 different patterns and cut them into long strips. To make the backdrop, I got ribbon that was an inch or so thick and hot glued the strips to it. I can't sew, but the hot glue gun has become my BFF! I found a bunch of different tea cups at Goodwill for 25 cents each and tied them to the fabric with yarn that looked like twine. For the banners, I used the same fabric and yarn, and cut triangles out. Then, you guessed it, I hot glued them to the yarn! The tissue pom poms are so simple to make, and i just followed a tutorial on Youtube and made those too. I loved how the mint color came out next to all the pink! Last, I wanted to keep with the vintage look, so I hot glued a crochet flower to a pearl headband. I love that I got to make her shoot special by adding a few inexpensive touches!
 
Now to what you all have been waiting for...



 
 
 
 
Ughhhh, swoon, how stinking cute are those faces... Check out the full blog post HERE!
 
I love Shannon's style and I would love to work with her in the future...as for Balee Images and I, stay tuned (I can barely contain my excitement)!!!
 
Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!!! XOX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover