Monday, January 21, 2013

COMFORT FOOD PART 2---MOMMA'S SUPER SECRET CHEESECAKE---You do not want to miss this!

 
 
Oh man, how do I even begin with my mom's cheesecake....seriously best ever, ever. Cheesecake factory has nothing on her. People beg her all throughout the year for her to make one for them; especially around the holidays, she usually has a long list of cheesecakes to deliver! This particular cheesecake happens to be for their friends Matt & Brandi, Matt tends to wear out his welcomes when it comes to asking for cheesecakes;), but this time just so happen to be perfect timing for me to beg to blog the recipe! I somehow talked her into sharing her recipe...you all better write this down; chances are she will regret this ever happened and make me delete the post;)! Ha, so get it while you can!
 
 
Per my mom:
 
It seams that my daughter can talk me into just about anything......sooooo, here it is.....my super secret.....best I've found....Cheesecake recipe!!!! ENJOY!
>
Cheesecake has always been my all-time favorite dessert!!! So....when I say I am a little persnickety about it....well you get the idea!
>
There is something about just the right amount of crust and the firm yet creamy deliciousness of the cake itself!
>
 So....First things first.... The Crust!!! ( I like a bigger...thicker, crust )
>
2 cups crushed graham crackers
 1 stick of butter melted
1/4 cup sugar
>
Mix all together in bowl and pour into a 9" spring form pan
 Start by pressing graham cracker mixture around pan....I then like to take a small coffee cup and use to press mixture to sides of pan....continue until all sides are covered.
 Place pan in refrigerator for apx 30 min to chill crust until form.
>
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees



>
In the mean time.....Start to prepare the filling.
>
You will need....
 5--8oz packages cream cheese
 1 1/3 cups sugar
 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 large eggs
 1/2 cup sour cream
 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
 2 tsp vanilla extract
>
Start by mixing the cream cheese on med speed for 2 min
Add sugar and mix
>
Gradually add the flour and mix until combined.
 On low speed beat in eggs, one at a time, until just blended
>
Add sour cream, lemon peal and vanilla until just blended.
>
Pour into crust and bake for 1hour 15minutes.
>
Remove cake from oven to cool for 15 minutes


>
Meanwhile....prepare the topping.
>
Beat one egg white until frothy; add 1Tbs of sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in 1/2 cup sour cream until blended and spread on top of cake.

>
 Return cake to oven and bake until topping is set but not brown. (Apx 20 min)
 Turn oven off and and let cheesecake sit in oven with door ajar for 1 hour.
>


After an hour place cake on wire rack and let cool completely.
>
After cooled; decorate as you desire.....I've chosen a valentine theme...

Thanks mom, Love you! And Matt & Brandi I will be over for a piece later!;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover