Sunday, February 10, 2013

Simple Studs: Make Your Own Earring Sets

 
 
Who wants a cute pair of earrings for under $1...I do I do!! I may be sharing too many of my secrets here, but what the hay...
 
I have a hoarding problem with these little flower cabochons that I purchase from this ETSY SHOP don't ask why, I just do;)! I have used them for so many things(like in my Pinwheel Chevron Place Setting), but these adorable stud earrings take the cake!! They are not only easy to make, but they look so dainty & adorable on!
 
I also decided to share my button earring tutorial! Also SO easy and can also be made for under $1! I used both studs to make cute coordinating sets and gave them away as Christmas gifts!! BIG HIT!
 
 
FLOWER STUDS:  (Flower Cabochons, E-6000 Glue, Earring post & backs)
 
Directions--- Glue Cabochon on to earring post & let dry for 1 hour, easy as that!
 
 
COVERED BUTTON STUDS: (Fabric, metal button kit, E-6000 Glue, Earring Post & backs)
 
Directions--- I was going to try and explain how to cover a button but an explanation makes it seem so much more difficult than it is! But if you need help I found a great picture demo on this BLOG! Once you have covered your button, I use the pliers to remove the shank, then attach back with glue and let dry for 1 hour!!
 
If you plan on giving them as gifts I made these cute little earring holders out of craft paper, and then hole punched them to put the post through! I then put them in cute little linen bags like in this BLOG POST!











 


Hope everyone had a great weekend! xox


1 comment:

  1. Hey ! i read your post and i like the fact that you have linked it further to these creative blog post ,the most i have liked is the post on napkins holding ,it was new to me for the fact i didn't know we can create napkin holdings for dinning in an attractive way and chevron linen bags which can be used for gift packing .

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover