Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY Spicy Pickles

Ever since I was little I have been a pickle freak and just last year I started canning my own pickles! I started with a generic recipe, and 'spiced' it up, literally!!
It's just about that time again, so I decided to share my recipe! It really is the BEST! &&& They only take 3 days to cure unlike weeks with other recipes!!

What you need:
6to8 pounds of pickling cucumbers
40 fresh dill sprigs
2 large onions(thinly sliced)
10 fresh jalapeños
red pepper flakes
5 garlic cloves
1 quart water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canning salt
 1 quart white vinegar 

How to:
Cut each cucumber into spears and onions into slices. Stuff pickles, dill, onions, garlic, & jalapeños into your canning jars, as full as you can stuff them!(Makes about 8 large jars) In a pan combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and stir until salt dissolves. Pour hot liquid into all of your jars and let cool for about an hour with the canning lids off. After cools, add red pepper flakes, put the lids on and put in refrigerator for 3 days minimum! Open and enjoy!




Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover