Thursday, May 2, 2013

DIY Cinco De Mayo Garland {& my favorite margarita recipe}

 
 
It's May yay! May brings one of my favorite days of the year---My Birthday!!!! You thought I was going to say Cinco De Mayo didn't you?! ;)... No, but I do love another reason to celebrate & decorate; and I do love me a good margarita too!
 
 
I found this awesome FREE PRINTABLE TEMPLATE to make a {Papel Picado:Traditional Spanish Banner} on this cute blog 'Happy Thought'!
 
{The tutorial calls for crepe paper, but I didn't have any on hand so I just used lightweight card stock!}
 


 
 
 
Also in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to share my favorite margarite recipe! It's actually the same recipe they use at the famous Rosa Mexicana!
 
Rosa Mexicana Pomegranate Margarita Recipe:

  • 2 ounce white tequila
  • 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
  • 1 ounce fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh pomegranate juice
  • 6-8 ounces or one scoop of ice

-Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and frothy. Garnish with lime wheel or wedge.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover